Oat and Jam Cookie Bars
Nutrition Per Serving: Calories 160, Protein 2g, Carbohydrate 24g, Fiber 2g, Fat 7g, Sat Fat 1g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 55mg
- Servings : 18
- Time : 40 minutes
- 1 1⁄4 cup Quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cups Light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup Soybean oil
- 10 ounces All-fruit raspberry or strawberry jam (1 jar)
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Grease 8 x 12-inch baking pan.
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and baking soda in large bowl. Gradually add oil to oat mixture, tossing lightly, until crumbly. Reserve 1/2 cup for topping; set aside.
- Press remaining oat mixture evenly into the bottom of prepared pan. Spread jam evenly over mixture in pan, leaving 1/2 inch border. Sprinkle reserved oat mixture evenly over preserves.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into 18, 2 x 2-inch bars. Store at room temperature in airtight container.