Baked stewed tomatoes
This baked stewed tomatoes recipe was developed by Sara Peltier, Lauren MacDonald, Rebecca Collins-Pfeiffer and Jenna Gates for the Michigan State University Extension/Isabella County Farm Bureau Teen “Chopped” Competition on November 2, 2016. Try it paired with their chicken pot pie and crepes.
- Servings : 4
- Time : 35 minutes
- 4 tomatoes (vine ripened)
- 8-10 saltine crackers
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
- Ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 2 TBS. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut tomatoes in half (core to core). Remove discard seeds and juice.
- Crush crackers to a bread crumb consistency.
- In a separate bowl, combine crackers, parmesan cheese, oregano and pepper to taste.
- Fill tomatoes with above mixture; drizzle with olive oil. Place tomatoes in shallow baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.