This Michigan crepes recipe was developed by Sara Peltier, Lauren MacDonald, Rebecca Collins-Pfeiffer and Jenna Gates for the Michigan State University Extension/Isabella County Farm Bureau Teen “Chopped” Competition on November 2, 2016. Try it paired with their chicken pot pie and baked stewed tomatoes.
- Servings : 3-4
- Time : 20 minutes
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 3 TBS. butter (melted)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Sauce: 3 TBS. butter
- Sauce: 1/2 c. sugar
- Sauce: 1 – 2 c. chopped Michigan fruit
- Preheat griddle or skillet; spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk all ingredients until fully mixed.
- Pour batter on griddle in a thin layer.
- Flip crepe to cook fully on each side.
- Remove from heat when done. Stack between waxed paper.
- Sauce: Melt butter in saucepan. Add sugar and Michigan-grown fruit. Cook until fruit is tender and a syrup is formed.
- Roll or fold crepes and cover with sauce to taste.