Beef Burrito Skillet
Katie says, “This beef burrito skillet was the perfect meal for me to make ahead of time and keep in the fridge for dinner this week. You could also freeze it in individual servings and reheat in your microwave. Whenever I leave my guys for an extended period of time, I usually stock the fridge and pantry with an easy to fix and good-for-my-family meal. Having a meal on hand that can be reheated in minutes is KEY to feeding hungry toddlers. It’s also helpful for Dad’s that need a hand or two in the kitchen.”
Photo credit: Katie Serbinski, Mom to Mom Nutrition
- Servings : 4
- Time : 30 minutes
- 1 pound of lean Ground Beef, 93% lean or leaner
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 cup of salsa
- ½ cup of black beans, rinsed
- ½ cup of corn [canned, frozen, whatever you have on hand]
- 2 cups of brown rice, cooked
- 2-3 cups of tortilla chips
- Heat a large skillet over medium-heat. Add Ground Beef and cook for about 10 minutes, breaking the beef into crumbles. Remove drippings.
- Add the next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil; simmer on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice; top with your favorite Mexican-style toppings, such as salsa, sour cream, cheddar cheese, etc. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.