Award winning 5&1 Cookie
A cookie recipe shared by Michigan dairy farmer Cathy McCune:
I don’t think I’ve met a cookie I didn’t like, especially ones made with butter. Magic cookies bars are one of my favorite but my “go-to” cookie is these Award Winning 5&1 Cookies. The recipe was given to me by a friend several years ago and after tweaking it a little I’ve been making them ever since. Grab your mixer. Pick your favorite holiday chocolate covered candy (M&M’s). Bake these cookies and serve with a tall glass of milk!
I generally double the batch and freeze some for later. This is a family and friends favorite. Enjoy!
- Yield : 60
- Time : 1:15 hours
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. white sugar
- 1 c. butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 1 c. flour
- 2 c. oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine sugars and butter. Add eggs and mix. Add peanut butter.
- Mix together flour, oatmeal, salt & soda and add to the butter mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Add chocolate and white chips along with M&M’s. Note: you may not want the full bag of chips – if doubling this recipe you will definitely add the whole bag.
- Bake for 10 minutes.